August 10, 2013- I had a really great run about an hour ago. I have been doing the Run for God 5k challenge (using the Active app to keep me on pace since Run for God doesn't have an app yet) and was listening to worship music as I run. There was some humidity but with a cool breeze the weather was beautiful. There was a crescent moon glowing. There are ponds in our neighborhood on both side of the street. On my way up I saw a blue herring by the lake really close to me and it flew away as I approached. It was quite majestic. On my way back on the other side of the street, I saw a deer about 10 feet from the sidewalk by the pond. It was cautiously aware of my presence and as I approached he scooted forward slowly while watching me but was not afraid. He kept watching me and I of course "waved". I'm a doofus. ha ha The deer was only about 50 feet from me or less as I passed by. He respected my presence and I respected the deer's. Then as I continued to run, there was a clearing in the woods and I saw a big buck and a doe only about 25 yards from me. They were very clear as the street light shined on them like a spotlight. They saw me and continued to watch me as I passed by but never moved. It was quite awesome! I of course waved like a doofus again. I saw another deer 100 yards away or so in the field as well. Seeing the deer, especially the one by the pond reminded me of the verse in the bible, "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God." Psalm 42:1. God allowed me to see all this beauty while I ran and sang worship music to Him on my phone. I have to say, by far, it was my best run ever and a really cool and special time between God and I. Such an awesomely beautiful night.It really was a great night and a great run. This is why I love running! I am looking forward to getting back to running again hopefully in the next week or so and looking for more neat experiences as I improve my health and get fit at the same time.
"And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith". Heb. 12:1,2
Keep Running!
Mike
"May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer". ~Psalm 19:14

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to ask any questions or to leave a comment. Thank you!