I love running! Many people ask what's with this Run for God thing? Well, there are a few reasons why I Run for God.
First, because Jesus ran after me. Back in college, at Arkansas State, God used some now friends from college, who I did not know at the time, to show and share with me about what it meant to be a follower of Christ.
From these now friends, I learned about having a relationship with Christ, the living God and not just serving a religion. I thought I was a christian because I went to church an owned a bible which I barely read. I watched how these friends lived there life and noticed it was so different than mine and they were excited about worshiping God. I had not seen many young people excited about worshiping God previously. I wanted to experience that and know Christ personally as well.
Since then, I discovered this Run for God movement before I started actually running. Later, I actually took a Run for God 5k challenge class and have been running ever since. Run for God helped me change my life physically. I felt terrible and in the worst shape of my life, having high blood pressure, overweight, no energy, etc.
Since running I feel so much better! I have lost 15 pounds and have more energy to serve God in whatever He asks of me. I have learned that running is so much like the christian life. The bible talks about this as well in many verses such as Hebrews 12:1-2 and 1 Corinthians 9:24-27. The discipline it takes to be a runner and the discipline it takes to be a follower of Christ is similar.
In my life I have had my successes and unfortunately I have had many failures. But through it all, I have had an eternal “running partner.” When I run, I listen to upbeat praise and worship music and reflect on God's goodness in my life and what He has done for me.
I may never win a race, but reflecting on my relationship with Christ, I have already won. Even if I never physically win a race, it will be okay. I run because I enjoy the journey and He who runs with me. Wherever, running takes me I hope to share with those I meet what Christ has done for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to ask any questions or to leave a comment. Thank you!